Association of Pineapple Producers of Monte Plata (ASOPROPIMOPLA)
Pineapple fibre handicrafts
The idea of ASOPROPIMOPLA is to produce a natural fibre based on pineapple stubble that will be used for the manufacture of handicrafts by women and artisans belonging to the communities surrounding the association.
The expected impacts of the project include
- Minimising pineapple waste.
- Training the community in marketing and handicraft production.
- Generate employment and community development.
- To integrate young people in the manufacture of handicrafts.
- To implement an ecological culture.